Although I am tempted to start this post with bold statements about all the cool things we want to achieve in 2013, I want to first take a moment to reflect on our achievements from last year.
A Look at 2012
In 2012 our goals were to (a) continue our rapid growth, (b) expand globally in key markets, (c) maintain our low pricing model, (d) continue to provide solutions that do not create a vendor lock-in, and (e) make profile management (in the Immidio flavor) a must have in the UEM market space. As I look back on our objectives from the last 12 months, I cannot suppress a proud smile.
Some highlights include:
- License Sales: Grew over 120%.
- Customer Growth: Installed base of an estimated 1.5 million freeware users and nearly 1 million commercial licenses sold. We now have more than 20 Global Fortune 500 companies as customers.
- Global Expansion: We have started operations in Germany and Asia Pacific to establish a local presence in our most successful markets. The realized benefits were immediate, with the signing of several large deals and the formalization of partnerships with several leading global system integrators and ISVs that will help us to penetrate new markets in the near future.
- Product Expansion: Our flagship product, Immidio Flex+, is enjoying its new status as a competitive User Environment Management offering that many large organizations have selected instead of other UEM solutions on the market. Quite frequently this has occurred after implementations of other, more complex, UEM solutions have failed. This success is largely due to our focus on simplicity (no backend infrastructure is required) and our dedication to maintaining a low price.
In 2012, I am very happy to say that we exceeded our expectations and also outperformed our plans by a significant margin. So, how about 2013?
New Year, New Opportunities
As celebrations bring in the New Year, 2013 brings us a great opportunity to maintain the momentum that we’ve created over the last 12 months. Some of our key goals for 2013 include:
- Continue our Global Expansion: We will continue our steep growth curve via new local operations in more countries around the world.
- Achieve Effective Distribution: Our cooperation with several global ISVs will ensure that Immidio Flex+ will be introduced earlier in the process and to more customers than ever before.
- Champion Intelligent Functionality: One of our biggest challenges will be to safeguard our product’s simplicity while expanding functionality according to our users’ needs. Our competitors have built extremely complex functionality into their products that essentially answers all possible questions in RFIs and RFPs. The reality, however, is that less than 50% of this functionality will ever be used. The end result are overly complicated solutions that are difficult to implement, need comprehensive training, demand investment in backend infrastructure, and require considerable management overhead. It is our mission to keep Flex+ lean, mean, and affordable in terms of both initial pricing and long-term operational costs. In short, we seek to develop features that make sense for the customer without sacrificing Flex+’s inherent simplicity.
I am confident that the Immidio team is fully equipped and able to execute these challenging objectives. Now that the holiday season is finished, we are back at work and ready to make it happen!
We all wish you a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year and look forward to talking to you about our great solutions.